Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reaching the Kids the Old Fashioned Way - Bibliotherapy?!?!

I've Tweeted before about our counselor Suzannah Laucher, @suzannahlaucher, and her efforts to reach kids using bibliotherapy, group book studies to reach kids. I was finally able to catch her in action with her male group. The engagement was obvious and student impact will be evident.

This is a snipet of her with the group:



I stayed after and asked her a couple of questions about the book selection and her groups.



This has really been enlightening to me. Laucher shared some very specific connections kids have made with these books. I stopped recording this group about 1 minute too early - a young man exclaimed, 'Man, this is like my family reunions.'

Great job reaching kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the posts